Dennis Miralis is a leading criminal defence lawyer whose practice focusses on providing strategic legal representation in all aspects of general and complex criminal law including:
- white collar and corporate crime
- money laundering
- serious fraud
- commercial drug supply
- drug importation
- sexual assaults
- driving matters causing death
Expert in international / transnational criminal law
Dennis Miralis specialises in representing clients in transnational /international criminal law matters such as assets forfeiture proceedings involving multiple jurisdictions ( including China, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, Russia, the UK, Canada, Europe, the USA and Mexico) as well as the following areas of transnational/ international criminal law:
- International money laundering law
- International Proceeds of Crime law
- Australian crime commission law
- State crime commission laws
- Transnational crime
- Extradition law
- Mutual Assistance in Criminal matters Law
- Anti-Terrorism law
- National Security law
- International and Australian Surveillance law
- Criminal intelligence law
- Encryption law
- Controlled Operations Law
He appears in all courts throughout Australia and regularly travels outside of Australia for complex international / transnational criminal law matters.
Memberships and Associations
- The NSW Law Society
- International Law Section of the Law Council of Australia Law Asia
- The Australian and New Zealand Society of International Law
- The Legal Aid serious crime panel
- The Extradition Lawyers Association
- The Lawyer Network
- The Hellenic Australian Lawyers Association (HAL)
- The American Bar Association (International Associate)
- International Law Committee
- Criminal Law Committee
- The International Bar Association
- Anti Corruption Committee
- Criminal Law Committee
- Business Crime Committee
Attendance at national and international conferences
- 2017 AML & Financial Crime Asia Summit – Singapore
- 2017 Financial Compliance Asia Summit – Singapore
- 2016 Anti – Money Laundering and Proceeds of Crime: Laws and Counter -Measures – Sydney
- 2016 3rd Annual Financial Crime Asia Summit – Singapore
- 2016 Australian Defence Lawyers Alliance Annual conference – Hobart
- 2015 Australian Defence Lawyers Alliance Annual Conference – Melbourne
- 2013 Criminal Law Conference – Vietnam
Awards and Recommendations
In 2016 Global Law Experts named Dennis Miralis as their Recommended Attorney for White Collar Criminal Defence in Australia.
In 2016 Global Law Experts named Nyman Gibson Miralis the leading white collar defence firm in Australia
Global Law Experts (GLE) is the premier guide to leading attorneys throughout the world.
In 2016 Five Star Law named Dennis Miralis as their Recommended Lawyer for White Collar Crime in Australia.
Five Star Law identifies the leading law practitioners in more than 50 practice areas and 100 countries.
In 2016 Leaders in law named Dennis Miralis as their recommended white collar solicitor for Australia.
The successful lawyers who join the Leaders-in-Law database all have a proven track record of success, with their own unique attributes and knowledge of their practice area and local requirements
In 2016 Corporate Live Wire named Nyman Gibson Miralis as the leading white collar defence firm in Australia
In 2016 Corporate Live Wire names Nyman Gibson Miralis as the leading criminal defence firm in Australia
The Corporate LiveWire Legal awards honour and celebrate achievements within the Global Law community.
In 2016 International Advisory experts named Nyman Gibson Miralis as white collar criminal lawyers of the year in Australia.
International Advisory Experts is a global alliance of well-established and experienced legal, financial and consulting firms that are committed to providing clients with specialist solutions for their international business requirements
In 2016 Doyles Legal Guide named Dennis Miralis as a leading criminal defence lawyer
In 2016 Doyles Guide named Nyman Gibson Miralis as a leading criminal defence firm
Doyles is the most comprehensive guide to Australia’s best lawyers, law firms and barristers.
In 2016, the 11th Annual ACQ5 GLOBAL AWARDS named Dennis Miralis as Corporate Crime Lawyer Of The Year for Australia.
Exclusive member of The Lawyer Network for White Collar Crime in Australia.
Dennis Miralis has had feature articles published in the NSW Law Society Journal, has appeared on all major television channels to discuss criminal law and his essays have been included in HSC and University reading lists.