Brooke Rodgers is a founding member, majority owner, and Managing Partner of Steinman & Rodgers. With nearly a decade of experience, Ms. Rodgers is recognized as a leading expert on the FCPA and anti-corruption matters in the defense and aerospace industry. Clients seek her guidance to develop and implement effective compliance strategies in challenging jurisdictions and circumstances.
Ms. Rodgers guides her clients through the delicate balance of legal requirements and business needs. She offers comprehensive, customized solutions to address risks by coordinating directly with clients’ legal teams, audit committees, boards of directors, executives, and other business stakeholders.
She has extensive experience designing, implementing, and testing compliance programs in organizations of all sizes. Ms. Rodgers regularly assists with the establishment, maintenance, and upgrade of clients’ due diligence policies and procedures. She works extensively with our local counsel network on foreign legal issues and developing strategies to overcome the cultural challenges inherent in transnational operations. Ms. Rodgers regularly conducts anti-corruption training for marketing personnel and overseas intermediaries.
She has worked on secondment in several multinational corporations. This, as well as regular contact with both in-house counsel and business personnel, provides her with a unique perspective on compliance matters. She has eased clients through cumbersome adjustments in established procedures, developed staged implementation plans for resource sensitive compliance programs, and performed expedited reviews of relationships inherited in public acquisitions.
In addition to her anti-corruption work, Ms. Rodgers writes contracts with intermediaries that account for foreign legal issues, designs lawful compensation structures in restrictive jurisdictions, settles disputes with intermediaries, and negotiates settlements with former contracting partners. Ms. Rodgers also has experience conducting internal reviews and investigations and settling voluntary disclosures.
- Best Female Anti-Corruption Lawyer, Corp America Large Cap Awards, 2016
- Regulatory Lawyer of the Year, Acquisition Finance Magazine Law Awards, 2016
- Regulatory Lawyer of the Year, Acquisition Finance Magazine Global Awards 2015 and 2016
- Highly Commended for Best Regulatory Lawyer of the Year, Women in Compliance Awards, 2015, London, UK
- Named “Female Powerbroker” by Law360, April 2014
- Bar Admissions – Commonwealth of Virginia, and the District of Columbia
- Education – J.D., Marshall-Wythe School of Law, The College of William and Mary, 2005