Firm: Naomi Assia & Co. Law Offices Patent Attorneys and Notary
Practice Area: Technology
32 Habarzel St.
Ramat - Hachayal
Tel - Aviv 69710
Naomi Assia Law Office and Patent Attorneys is one of the leading high tech and intellectual property law firms in Israel. Since its establishment in 1987, the firm has earned an international reputation for catering to the overall needs of traditional high-tech, biotech, start-up, and venture companies in a wide range of legal matters.
The Firm has handled a multitude of intellectual property matters, gaining unparalleled experience. The Firm offers clients a comprehensive analysis of their problems and objectives, applying our knowledge and experience to find innovative and cost-effective solutions. In this respect, we view ourselves in the same light as many of the companies who seek our advice - solution providers.
The Firm’s expertise goes beyond the private sector to include working with the Chief Scientist of Israel, the Israel Commissioner of Privacy, the Israel Commissioner of Patents, Designs & Trademarks and drafting Israeli government contracts. Our attorneys and technical advisors apply their unique practical understanding of science and the law to the business needs of our clients. We learn easily, respond quickly, and produce comprehensive results efficiently, and with personal attention.
More about our trademark department and services - Trademarks and trade names are used by every business to distinguish their goods and services from others. The Firm assists clients in obtaining and maintaining registered trademarks, in Israel and worldwide, including conducting all necessary trademark searches, filing applications, preparing and filing necessary affidavits and renewal applications, defending opposition proceedings and handling all other matters that may arise before the Israel Trademark Office.
Another aspect of our trademark practice involves due diligence studies for clients acquiring or selling trademark portfolios. We help our clients exploit their existing trademark rights through licensing. Because licensing has become a very lucrative way for companies to expand their brand identities, our experience in negotiating and drafting complex agreements has become increasingly important to our clients.
· Filing and prosecution, including registration, licensing and transfer, and representation at the Israel Trademark Office for trademark clearance, foreign trademark registration and cancellation of trademark registrations.
· Litigation in court, involving the enforcement of registered and non-registered trademarks, anti-counterfeiting and brand protection, including coordinating with law enforcement authorities, Israeli customs authorities, police and other government agencies to facilitate the seizure and destruction of counterfeit goods.
· Litigation before the Israeli Trademarks Office, including oppositions to trademark applications, revocation and rival application proceedings.
· Litigation involving right of publicity issues.
· Litigation and registration relating to origin and geographical indications.
Our vision of the firm is a commitment to professionalism and excellence and providing high quality legal services to our clients.
About Nomi Assia, Adv.
Expertise: International Technology and Internet Law, Trademarks, Patents, Copyrights, Corporate and Commercial Law.
Bar Information: Israel Bar Association, 1981
· Chairperson of the Israeli branch for the Association Litteraire et Artistique International (ALAI);
· Member of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI);
· Member of the International Trademark Association (INTA);
· Member of iTechLaw.org.
Languages: Hebrew, English
Education: Tel Aviv University School of Law, (LL.B), 1977
· 1988-2007 – Led the change in the Copyright Act including software in the act;
· 1995 – Computer Acts and Amendment for Privacy Law and Copyrights Act;
· 2001 - Electronic signature;
· Moderator at the International conference of iTechLaw.org in Amsterdam, November 2004, Paris 2014, etc.;
· Moderator at the International Conference of Privacy Law in Cambridge July 2004;
· 2013 - Present - Vice-Chair for the Dispute Resolution Committee of iTechLaw.org.
· “Patenting Software in Israel”, in the “Computer Law Journal” of the IEEE;
· ”Computer Law” – the foremost legal treatise on Israeli Computer Law - 1987-2008;
· ”Israel and the EEC 1992-Aspects of Intellectual Property and Technology”;
· ”Intellectual Property in the EEC” published by the Israeli Export Institute;
· Article on “Principles of Software Protection and Licensing in Israel” in “Der Internationale Softwarevertrag”;
· Numerous articles in the field of Intellectual Property, computer software and data protection which were published in various journals including: “Computer Law & Practice” (UK); Software Protection (USA); “Computer Law” by David Bender, New York;
· On patens angels and trolls, 2012.