Area of Practice:
Residency & Citizenship by Investment
To continue our 25 year old legacy of providing HONEST and TRUTHFUL legal opinion to our HNI clients regarding Residency and Citizenship by Investment.
Prashant Ajmera is an Indian lawyer (Gujarat Bar Association), Canadian citizen and a NRI since 1988, with more than 25 years of experience in the domain of Residency and Citizenship by Investment. His expertise in EB-5 investor visa of US, Canada Investor Program and such other investor programs have gained him recognition as one of the leading lawyers in India in the field of investment based immigration. He also has several years of experience in corporate migration law and international trade. He started his law practice in 1985 as an Assistant Advocate in the High Court of Gujarat, Ahmedabad, India, in the Office of the Additional Central Government Standing Council (Federal Government Attorney).
He is a member of the International Bar Association (IBA) & has been invited to address the IBA Annual Conference as a speaker on two occasions (Cancun-2001 & Durban-2002).
He had travelled with the Ex-Prime Minister of Canada, Rt. Honourable Mr.Jean Chretien, on “Team Canada” Trade Missions to India and Japan in 1996 and 1999 respectively.
He has conducted numerous seminars on professional immigration, work & student visas and immigration through investment. He has also participated in number of TV and radio shows in India, Canada, USA, Pakistan, U.A.E., Malaysia & Indonesia.
He ha contributed several articles on immigration and visa related topics in many newspapers, journals and online media around the world.
He has contributed a chapter on Indian Commercial Secured Transactions for an international law book published by Carswell.
IN 2016, he launched “Start Up Going Global”, a company that assists start-ups to establish their presence internationally.
He has served as President of Rotary Club of Ahmedabad Metro for the year 2016-17.
H was also appointed Rotary International Convention Promotion District Chair for the year 2017-18.
He is the founder of Ahmedabad chapter of ‘Rotary Means Business” (RMB).
He s on the Board of Director of Indo-Canada Business Council.
He is also a an active Director of award winning Indian NGO, ‘Wings to Fly’.
Speaking assignments –
- Guest Speaker – The Indian Merchant Chamber on, “The Canadian Economy”, 1996.
- Guest Speaker – The Hindustan Chamber of Commerce on, “Canadian Investment in India”, 1996.
- Guest Speaker – The Gujarat Chamber of Commerce on, “Joint Ventures with Canadian Companies”, 1996.
- Addressed participants of the APEC Customs & Industry Trade Exhibition and Seminar hosted by the Canadian Chamber of Commerce and Revenue Canada, 1997.
- Addressed Rotary Clubs of Kuala Lampur, Malaysia, on, “Investing in Canada”, 1999.
- Speaker at International Bar Association’s annual conference on “GATT” on 31st October, 2001, at Cancun, Mexico.
- Speaker at the International Bar Association’s annual conference in September, 2002, at Durban, South Africa.
- Invited by the Government of Canada, Ahmedabad Management Association and TIE Ahmedabad to speak on various occasions on the subject of “Doing Business in Canada”
- Invited by Ganpat University and Uka Talsadia University to speak on the subjects, “Start Up Going Global” and “Higher Study in Canada” respectively
- Invited by CeBit Conference in December 2016 to speak on the subject, “Start Up Going Global” at Bengaluru
- Conducted number of seminars on EB-5 investor visa in India and abroad. Lately he was invited as speaker by a leading financial institute of India on 22nd July, 2017, at Hotel Crown Plaza, Ahmedabad;
Awards and recognition:
- Logistic Asia 2016
- FRO 2016
- Franchise Mart 2016
- President – Rotary Club Ahmedabad Metro 2016-17 and several awards during the year for various charitable activities
Professional & Corporate Memberships:
- International Bar Association ( IBA)
- Gujarat Bar Association
- Indo-Canada Business Council (ICBC)
- Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (IACC)
- Gujarat Chamber of Commerce & Industry (GCCI)
- TIE Ahmedabad
- Rotary International – RC Ahmedabad Metro
- Rotary Means Business (RMB)