Ashley H. Brooks is co-leader of the Real Estate Group of Sullivan & Worcester. Her practice focuses on all aspects of transactional commercial real estate law, including single-lender and syndicated multi-lender financing, development, acquisitions and dispositions, private/preferred equity investing, and leasing, representing institutions and public and private companies across all asset classes throughout the United States. Ashley's experience includes negotiating and documenting complex loan facilities (senior and mezzanine), construction loans, private/preferred equity ventures, fund formation, portfolio acquisitions and sales, ground leases, sale-leasebacks, workouts and foreclosures.
Ashley is co-chair of the firm’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
Representative Client Work
- Represented a fund manager in the creation of the first pure-play US office REIT listed in Asia and the financing of the underlying US REIT properties
- Represented a Boston-based developer in all aspects of the development of a mixed-use luxury condominium tower in the Boston Seaport District, including financing (multiple tier - senior, junior, mezzanine and preferred equity), affordable housing, condominium creation and management documentation
- Represented affiliated real estate investment funds (over $1.5 billion) investing in (i) a hotel, office and retail development of approximately 3 million square feet on the waterfront in downtown San Diego, California and (ii) the renovation and mixed-use development of the former World Trade Center New Orleans in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Represented the borrower in a $118 million leasehold mortgage refinance in Boston’s Seaport District
- Represented the lender in a $42 million acquisition loan facility for the acquisition of 431-unit luxury apartment complex located in Houston, Texas by a complex, multi-layer borrowing entity
- Represented a real estate investment trust (REIT) in its sale of 14 properties (43 buildings) with a combined 2,784,098 square feet for an aggregate sales price of $215 million
- Represented the lender in a $16 million leasehold mortgage transaction of a 71,633 square foot, 86-unit, assisted living facility located in Wilmington, Massachusetts
- Represented the lender on the restructure of related borrower loans with an aggregate loan amount of $156.5 million, which restructuring included a forbearance and modification to finance a 700± acre parcel of land in Massachusetts; an assignment of the mezzanine lender’s interest in over 35 mezzanine loans on development projects throughout the United States; a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure on an industrial building planned for condominium conversion in Brooklyn, New York; and an uncontested foreclosure on a 1,077 acre planned residential subdivision in Prairie Grove, Illinois
News & Publications
Seminars & Presentations
Sullivan & Worcester, 21st Floor, One Post Office Square, Boston, MA (February 15, 2017)
Boston Bar Association, Boston, MA (February 28, 2014)