Safir advises and acts for clients from diverse industries ranging from FMCG, Pharma, Software, Social Media, Food industry, Media, Sports, Entertainment, Luxury and Fashion, Government Bodies and more. He very actively works as an IP advisor and work towards providing Inputs towards strategy, Business models, Marketing and Commercial Insights blended with an astute understanding of the IP law that covers ; IP Protection, IP Enforcement – Civil and Criminal; Contractual IP – Agreements, Licensing, Franchising, Monetization, Strategic Advisory and Due Diligence.
He has taken several initiatives to create IP awareness across all segments and levels that have been widely reported by media. His focus is to unleash the power of intangibles and nurture the untapped IP potential through specialized IP services.
Safir is a member of INTA “Brand Value-Special Task Force” Constituting of very selective members to examine the complexities involved in the subject of “Brand Valuation”. He has recently joined the Board of directors of:
- BrandMusiq to strategize on Mogo (Musical Logo) and Sonic Branding.
- Board of Directors of JHS Brands limited as Additional Director.
- Board of Directors of National advisory council of EEMA.
He is a member of the Bar Council of India and has earlier been a member of Asia-Pacific Lawyers Association, SAARCLAW, AIPPI, International Bar Association, LIMA India Advisory Committee, Luxury Society, The Association of Media and Entertainment Counsel, The International Franchising Association and Centre for International Legal Studies. Also, He was also on the board of directors of IFMA and was a part of Marques brand and Marketing Team. Also, he was a part of the Andhra Pradesh Govt Task force, Dept of Information Technology, Electronics and Communications Dept to work on setting up India's first CYBER School.
The recent Awards and recognition given to him includes:
- Managing Intellectual Property - IP Stars for Trademark; 2016, 2017 and 2018
- The firm has won “Best IP Firm of the year” for continuous two years (2017 and 2018); awarded by The India Licensing awards hosted by LIMA.
- He has been featured prominently in Expert Guides - “Best of the Best - Trademarks 2018”.
- WTR 1000 - Highly Recommended: Prosecution and Strategy - Gold; 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Chambers and Partners - recommend lawyer 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Who's Who Legal – Trademarks; 2017 and 2018
- Asia law Leading Lawyers - Intellectual Property; 2016, 2017 and 2018