John Wilson (Jr.) - called to the Bar of England and Wales, 1996; admitted as an Attorney-at-Law and Notary Public, Sri Lanka, 1999.
Education: King's College, University of London, (LL.B., Honours, 1995); Maîtrise en Droit Privé, mention Droit Français et Anglais, Université Paris I (Panthéon-Sorbonne).
Languages : English, French, German and Sinhala
Contributor to several publications including:
- The Sri Lanka section of the Global Property Guide on Landlord and Tenant Law
- The Sri Lanka section of the FT Law and Times publication “The Trademark Laws of the World”
- The Sri Lanka section of the E-Pat portal
- The Sri Lanka section of the Matthew Bender publication on “Enforcement of Foreign Judgments” in countries across the globe
- The Sri Lanka Chapter in the book entitled “International Debt Recovery” published by Carswell, division of Thomson Canada Limited
- The Sri Lanka section in the International Chamber of Commerce's Counterforce Network's publication “IP Enforcement Guide”
- The Sri Lanka Chapter in the book “Manual - Industrial Property, Manual for the Handling of Applications for Patents, Trademarks and Designs” (commonly known as “the Brown Book”) published by Kluwer Law International B.V
- The Sri Lanka section of the IpinstaLaw web based search engine and global database published by LexisNexis
Founded in 1920 by the late Senator John Wilson, the firm is an established legal practice in Sri Lanka, providing service in the areas of civil litigation, commercial law and notarial practice to corporations, financial institutions, foreign embassies and individuals.