Nguyen Duc Long is a licensed and registered Lawyer and Patent Attorney in Vietnam. He
also is the Founder and Managing Partner of TRI VIET & ASSOCIATES - a
full licensed International IP Agent & Law Firm in Vietnam. For
more information about TRI VIET & ASSOCIATES and personnel, you are kindly
invited to visit www.trivietlaw.com.vn.
to the foundation of TRI VIET & ASSOCIATES, Mr. Nguyen Duc Long has involved
in the field of intellectual property, especially in addressing issues relating
to patent since 1992. He was the Head of Patent Department of the Investment
Consultancy & IP Company (a first and leading stated owned IP company
belonging to Ministry of Science and Technology) from 1992 to 2002, ALPHA
Intellectual Property Agent from 2002 to 2004, and TRI VIET & ASSOCIATES
from 2004 to present. In the capacity as the Head of Patent Department of these
IP firms, Mr. Long has managed and directly handled more than one thousand
patent applications (especially PCT applications) of the clients from USA,
England, Japan, France, Germany, Korea, Taiwan.... and from other countries
around the world. Therefore, Mr. Long has much experience and expertise in
patent prosecution, enforcement, litigation and other related-patent issues in Vietnam. These
have been certified by Director of the Investment Consultancy & IP Company
and recommended by NOIP’s Officers.
Long was an APAA Patent Committee member of Vietnam Recognized Group in the
period of 2009-2012, and in this period, he has made and reported the Vietnam
Patent Country Reports at annual APAA council meetings.
- Patents, Trademarks, Designs, Licensing,
Franchising, Technology Transfer, Litigation.
- 2009-2012: APAA Patent Committee
Member of Vietnam
- 2004 to present: Managing
Director, IP Lawyer and Registered Patent Attorney - TRI VIET &
- 2002-2004: Head of Patent Department - Alpha Intellectual Property Law
- 1992-2002: Head of Patent Department - Investment Consultancy & IP
Company - a first and leading state owned company belonging to Ministry of
Science, Technology and Environment.
- 1989-1991: Physical Engineer - Vietnam
for Environmental Protection.
- Vietnam Bar Federation (VBF)
Bar Association (HBA)
- Vietnam Intellectual
Property Association (VIPA)
- Asian Patent Attorney Association (APAA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- 1998: LLB - Hanoi
- 1996: Patenting in Asian Countries course, held by WIPO in Singapore.
- 1996: Sales & Marketing Management course, held by AOTS (Japan) and PSB (Singapore)
- 1988: BSc - Physical Department - Hanoi
University of Science - National University
- Vietnam Patent Country Report – 58th
APAA Council Meeting – Korea 2010
- Vietnam Patent Country Report – 59th
APAA Council Meeting – Philippines 2011
- Vietnamese, English.