Lawfirm Holzhacker was established by Dr. Gerhard Holzhacker January 2006 and is devoted to give the clients excellent legal advice and to assist them in finding well founded solutions for their legal concerns. The clients served represent private and corporate ones of domestic and mainly international origin as well as foreign state agencies seeking legal advice on Liechtenstein law. While the intent is to assist clients on all legal issues the focus lays on white collar crime issues, including criminal and civil aspects, corporate law of any kind and law on financial markets. This as it has been the case for Dr. Holzhacker many years prior to the formation of Lawfirm Holzhacker (see professional positions below). Next to it the constitution and administration of companies and trusts handled by HOST Trust reg. as entity separate from the Lawfirm has become a major focus of activity, especially with all the legal questions surrounding the same due to the ever more closely knit network of regulations, among others concerning the due diligence (anti-money laundering), the AEOI and FATCA.
- Born in Vienna, Austria, on December 15, 1956; Austrian citizen.
- Living in Liechtenstein since 1986.
- Professional residence: Lawfirm Holzhacker, Josef Rheinberger Strasse 11, FL-9490 Vaduz,
Liechtenstein, Tel. no.: 00423 239 66 33, Fax: 00423 239 66 44, e-mail: office@holzhacker-
- Since January 2006 principal of Lawfirm Holzhacker.
- Since 2004 also active as licensed trustee and principal of the trust company HOST Trust reg.
- Since April 2004 to December 2005 managing partner of Lawfirm Holzhacker & Struth.
- Since July 1997 managing partner of Lawfirm Meier & Holzhacker.
- Since May 1996 Liechtenstein attorney.
- January 1986 to May 1996 as foreign attorney associate of a lawfirm in Vaduz, Liechtenstein.
- July 1981 to December 1985 associate in different lawfirms in Vienna, Austria.
- September 1980 to June 1981 trainee at criminal and civil courts in Innsbruck and Vienna, Austria.
Major Professional Training among others:
- June 1999 to September 2000 executive master of European and International Business Law at the
University of St. Gallen, Switzerland. Graduation as Master of European and International Law
(M.B.L.-HSG) on November 25, 2000.
- Admitted to the Liechtenstein bar on May 21, 1996.
- Supplementary bar examination for lawyers of the EEA (European Economic Area) when first taken in
Liechtenstein in May 1996.
- July 1985 attendance of the Leyden-Amsterdam-Columbia Summer Program in American Law;
Certificate of Achievement dated July 26, 1985.
- Austrian bar examination, September 1984.
- Graduation as Doctor of law (Dr.iur.) on July 3, 1980.
- October 1976 to July 1980 studying of law at the University of Vienna, Austria.