Olayinka leads the firm’s Energy and Natural Resources Team and has remarkable expertise in Energy Resources Law, Tax Advisory & Compliance, Project Finance, and Real Estate Transactions.
He is also a prolific writer with several critically acclaimed articles on topical and recondite legal issues to his credit.
Some of his transactional experience include:
- Advised the Preferred Bidder in respect of its US$580 million acquisition of 80% of the issued share capital of a power generation company and the purchase of 10 thermal generating plants pursuant to privatisation exercise of the Nigerian government.
- Advised a client on its US$453 Million acquisition of 45% participating interest in an Oil Mining Lease pursuant to the divestment by the original joint venture partners.
- Advised an indigenous oil and gas company on its consolidation and restructuring of US$325 Million term loans to finance downstream assets.
- Advised a client on the mezzanine financing for the proposed acquisition of 75% of a publicly listed downstream oil and gas company worth over N150,000,000,000 (One Hundred and Fifty Billion Nairaland) by a local energy company.
- Advised an indigenous oil and gas company on its US$45 million acquisition of sixteen (16) marine vessels from an indigenous marine company.
- Advised a client on its acquisition of an oil mining Jack-up rig from a foreign drilling company in a deal worth over $US 40 million.
- Advising a client on its bid to electricity distribution companies in Nigeria to become Meter Assets Providers for the supply of meters to electricity consumers in Nigeria.
- Advising a client on its proposed acquisition of 30% participating interests in a marginal oil field in Nigeria in a deal worth US$25 million.
- Advised a Nigerian oil and gas company on its US$10 million joint venture in the provision of vessels for oil and gas companies.
- Advised a client on the establishment of a wood pellet production facility as a source of renewal energy in a deal worth US$3 million.
- LL.M – University of Lagos
- LL.B – University of Lagos
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Project Finance
- Real Estate
- Dispute Resolution
Affiliations and Appointments
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association