Ashraf heads the dispute resolution practice in M&A. He specializes in civil and commercial contentious matters and has particular focus on international arbitration. His practice encompasses a broad spectrum of substantive areas with specific focus on all types of real estate disputes including sale and purchase disputes, distressed/canceled developments, enforcement of judgments and security, employment, professional negligence and health care disputes.
In addition to his civil litigation practice, Ashraf has represented clients in numerous arbitration cases under the rules of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and the Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC). He advises on all aspects of the arbitral process, from the amicable negotiations prior to the commencement of proceedings, throughout the enforcement of final awards, either in the country of issue of worldwide pursuant to the New York Convention. He has also served as arbitrator and co-arbitrator in several significant arbitrations.
Ashraf commenced his legal career as a Public Prosecutor in Egypt prior to moving to private practice with international law firm Baker & McKenzie. Prior to establishing Motei & Associates in 2002, Ashraf was the regional general counsel for the multinational food company Nestlé.
Ashraf handles cases in Arabic, English and French with equal proficiency.
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb)
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) – SMU Dedman School of Law, Dallas
- Master of Laws – Paris I – La Sorbonne, Paris
- Bachelor of Laws – Cairo University, School of Law
- DIFC Courts – Registered Practitioner with rights of audience
- DIFC Wills Service Register – listed on Will Draftsmen
- Egypt 1989 – Supreme Court
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC)
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- IBA Arbitration Committee
- Global Law Experts