Anne O’Connell Solicitors was established in February 2017. It is an award winning boutique firm specialising in Employment Law, also known as AOC Solicitors. Since its establishment, the Firm has achieved great success
• The Firm was ranked for Employment Law in Ireland by Legal500 within its first year and in its second year was elevated to Tier Four Employment Law Firm by the Legal500.
• In 2018 and again in 2019 AOC Solicitors was awarded International Client Choice for Employment Law in Ireland.
• In 2018, it was awarded ACQ5 Global Awards for Employment & Benefits Law Firm of the Year in Ireland and Customer Law Firm of the Year (Employment & Benefits) in Ireland. It was honoured to receive these Awards again in 2019.
• Anne was awarded with the ACQ Employment & Benefits Lawyer of the Year in Ireland for both 2018 and 2019.
• The Firm won Leading Specialist in Employment Law 2019 – Ireland in the 2019 Corporate Excellence Awards.
• AOC Solicitors won the Global Law Experts Award for Labour & Employment Law Firm of the Year in Ireland 2019.
• AOC Solicitors won Irish Employment Law Firm of the Year 2019 at the Irish Law Awards.
• The Firm won Finance Monthly Legal Awards 2019 – Employee Benefits Law Firm of the Year - Ireland
AOC Solicitors is a solutions team for any business addressing any employment law issue. We also advise individual employees facing employment law disputes. We focus on advising our clients on the best solution to achieve their objectives while meeting their needs and business requirements. We believe in being accessible and a dependable resource for our clients. We work with passion and commitment in delivering unrivalled service to support our clients in navigating and surmounting whatever Employment Law issues our client may face.
The scope of our services includes:
• Advising private and public sector companies and individuals on contentious and non-contentious employment law issues, including termination of employment, bullying in the workplace, redundancy, equality issues and protected disclosures.
• Representing clients before employment law statutory bodies, the Court of Appeal, the High Court and Circuit Court, at mediations and before disciplinary committees of professional bodies.
• Advising in relation to the handling of grievance and disciplinary matters, suspensions including termination and severance payments, dismissals and redundancies, performance management and appraisals and management of sick leave.
• Advising on restructuring of any scale.
• Advising on the employment law aspects of outsourcing and changing in service providers including Transfer of Undertaking (Protection of Employment) Regulation.
• Advising on trade union recognition and industrial relations matters.
• Employment related injunctions
• Drafting and advising on contracts and staff policies, including the enforcement of same.
• Providing bespoke training to business clients.
Anne O’Connell, Founder and Principal, qualified as a solicitor in 2001 specialising in Employment Law. Anne’s in-depth experience in employment law from the various firms in which she has practiced has given her a high-calibre strategic and practical approach to employment law issues.
Anne is on the Law Society of Ireland’s Employment Law Committee and the Employment Law Association of Ireland’s Committee. She is also a member of the Employment Law Section of the International Bar Association. Anne lectures and tutors extensively on employment topics at the Law Society of Ireland where she is the external examiner for the Law Society’s Diploma on Employment Law.