Tiffany St James is a UK-leading Digital Strategist and Public Speaker on Technology.
She has forged a trail as a female leader in technology delivering projects that have large-scale impacts that have never been undertaken before. Her world-first role appointments include:
• First Comms Director of Directgov, running the worlds largest web rationalisation programme for the UK Government, tearing down 95% of redundant web estate
• First former Head of Social Media for the UK Government, the strategic lead in Cabinet Office across 22 Central Government Departments for Social Media and co-creation of Public Policy.
• First Head of Comms for Digital Policy, setting digital policy for the first time for UK Government.
• First to design the UK pan-government digital skills framework for communications
• First Chief Digital Officer of Lambeth Council, setting up the first digital delivery team to transform services to 320 000 London Residents.
Alongside her digital consultancy, Tiffany is a seasoned public speaker on technology, innovation and adapting workforces. She speaks globally at industry events such as TED and Internet World and private corporate events such as Gartner. More of her speaking is at http://tiffanystajmes.com
Tiffany St James’s personal mission is to embed better digital capability. She helps people to understand how to change their organisation to have better digital working practices.
Alongside her consultancy work she currently holds the posts of:
• Advisory Expert to the London Office of Technology and Innovation, the first advisory group to steer London Borough Councils in Technology and Innovation
• Columnist, Digital Transformation, New Digital Age and The Drum
• Group Chair of Universities, Central Council, British Interactive Media Association
• Judge of Digital and Social Media Awards: the BIMAs, BIMA 100, The DADI Awards, The Social Buzz Awards
• Lecturer: Diploma in Integrated Marketing, Marketing Agencies Action Group
Tiffany has been identified as:
• One of the 25 women who have shaped British digital industry over the last 25 years, The Drum
• Most Influential Woman in Global Digital Capabilities, Influential Businesswoman awards, Acquisition International
• Top 100 Women blazing a trail in digital – Business Cloud
• Top 100 Digital Marketing Influencers – The Drum
• Top 100 Most influential people in technology, UK Tech City Insider TCi100
Tiffany is Founder of Transmute
, a strategic digital consultancy focusing on workforce digital capability in large, multi-site organisations and governments. Her consultancy defines the digital skills and strategy to drive businesses forwards and ensures the right skillsets, processes and technology are in place to deliver business goals or build knowledge in Leadership teams.
Transmute focuses designing and delivering digital transformation programmes with a people and process focus underpinned by technology.
Transmute can map your existing digital skills as the evidence base for transformation and ensure that your future team design builds and augments on your internal digital capability.
Transmute runs Digital Resilience for organisations and for civil contingency both for prevention and crisis communication. She implemented social media listening for Swine Flu UK wide for the UK Government and ran Digital and Social Media in Gold Command pan-government for UK disasters such as the Grenfell Fire.
Transmute runs digital and social media campaigns for reputation management, marketing campaigns and to attract and retain talent.
Transmute clients include: Baker Mackenzie, Google, Lambeth Council, M&G Investments, Macfarlanes, National Trust, Norton Rose Fulbright, Prudential, The Telegraph, UAE Government, UK Government, UKTV, Viacom International Media Networks and Westminster City Council.