Wayu is a Partner of Pisut & Partners. Wayu is widely experienced in advising on all company law matters, including acquisitions and disposals of businesses and companies, investments by majority and minority shareholders, as well as senior management. Wayu has designs and implements domestic and multinational corporate group structures to meet client requirements. He also advises on corporate governance and compliance matters, including directors’ statutory and fiduciary duties, investment promotion (BOI), factories, warehouses, industrial estates, zoning, environmental and chemical regulations, real estate, labour, transport, hospitality and exchange control issues. From time to time when required, Wayu assists corporate clients in conducting internal compliance investigations and audits by working closely with foreign counsel and internal legal departments of multinational corporations.
Prior to joining Pisut & Partners, Wayu was a partner of PriceSanond, one of Thailand’s oldest international law firms. Prior to joining PriceSanond, Wayu worked as an Associate at Apisith & Alliance, a trade-specialized law firm based in Bangkok.
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- Extraordinary Member, Thai Bar Association
- Litigation Attorney, Lawyers Council of Thailand
- Master of Business Laws (International Program), Chulalongkorn University
- Bachelor of Laws, Thammasat University
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS AND SEMINARS
- Lead speaker, “17 Things You Probably Did Not Know about the Foreign Business Act and How They Can Affect Your Bottom Line”, as arranged by the Legal Committee of The American Chamber of Commerce in Thailand
- Thailand chapter of “Getting the Deal Through: Anti-Corruption Regulation in 50 Jurisdictions Worldwide”, United Kingdom: Law Business Research, 2013 (in co-authorship)
- Represented a listed UK chemical company in its USD 228 million global acquisition of performance adhesives & coatings businesses from a US chemical company (including two subsidiaries in Thailand) and advised the client on post-closing restructuring, regulatory compliance matters and labour issues concerning a former executive.
- Represented a listed UK industrial products company in its £28 million regional acquisition of a security seals businesses from a Malaysian company (including one subsidiary in Thailand) and advised the client on post-closing restructuring and regulatory compliance matters.
- Represented a US lubricants company in its THB 534 million buyout of a joint venture partner’s interest in a local Thai subsidiary and relevant transition arrangements.
- Represented a listed Japanese investment company in its USD 1.68 billion global acquisition of a major US fruit and vegetable producer’s packaged foods and Asia fresh produce businesses (including seven subsidiaries in Thailand).
- Represented a UK chemical company in the £3.5 million sale of its subsidiary in Thailand to a Thai chemical company and other pre-closing and post-closing arrangements between the parties (e.g. supply contracts, licensing agreement, re-branding, lease agreement with a third party).
- Represented a major French hotel management chain in its THB 117 million sale of its 40% stake in a hotel company in Thailand to another Thai company.
- Represented a major US hotel management chain in its development and management of branded residences in a high-profile mixed-use condominium project in Bangkok (originally a long-term leasehold project but later converted into a freehold project).
- Represented a listed Australian company in its multi-year litigation against its Thai joint venture party. The Thai party eventually was compelled to buy out the client’s stake in the joint venture for AUD 25.7 million.
- Represented a major French hotel management chain in a USD 3 million ICC arbitration case against a former hotel owner.
- Represented a US start-up company in its labour disputes in Thailand (claims in excess of USD 1 million) with a former executive of its local subsidiary. The former executive was compelled to settle the matter for USD 100,000.
- Represented a US chemical company in its internal investigations regarding alleged non-compliance with the FCPA and Thai laws on anti-corruption.
- Advised a major Japanese automotive company on its Thailand dealer network restructuring plans.
- Regularly advised a leading motorcycle distributor in Thailand on legal issues including compliance with the trade competition and consumer protection laws and other matters.
- Collaborated with various international law firms on preparation of responses to numerous questionnaires regarding compliance with a broad range of Thai laws.