• Lawyer with more than 16 years of experience in dispute resolution concerning a wide range of mercantile and civil issues: contracts (disputes arisen from M&A transactions, bank products and services, real estate lease agreements, professional services, construction), competition law, tortious liability, director’s liability, shareholders-company conflicts, enforcement of foreign rulings, enforcement of security rights.
• Concerning Bankruptcy Law, has acted as receiver and has advised both debtors and creditors in purchases of production units and distressed debts.
• 2003-2011: Associate of the Litigation and Arbitration department in GARRIGUES, ABOGADOS Y ASESORES TRIBUTARIOS.
• 2011-2016: Senior associate of the Litigation and Arbitration department in DELOITTE ABOGADOS
• 2017: Partner in charge of the Litigation and Arbitration department in GARRIDO ABOGADO
• Manuel Gordillo was included in the 2020 and 2021 Edition of THE BEST LAWYERS in Spain for “Insolvency and Restructuring”.
Education and Qualifications
• Degree in Law. Specialized in private Law (BA in Law). Seville University (US)
• Master en Asesoría Jurídica de Empresas (LL.M). IE Business School (Instituto de Empresa)
• Admitted to Madrid Bar Association
• Member of CEA - Club Español del Arbitraje (Arbitration Spanish Club) Teaching activities
• Lecturer of seminar "Excelencia Comercial para Abogados" (IE Business School)
• Lecturer of seminar “Bankruptcy Excellence Program” (Universidad Europea de Madrid)
• Examiner at Francisco de Vitoria University (UFV) and IE Business School
• Various reports in specialized media (Economist&Jurist, Memento Francis Lefebvre, Anuario Contencioso Wolters Kluver, Financier Worldwide, El Economista, Iuris&Lex, Legal Today).