Catus is a law firm specialising in compliance, corporate criminal law and data protection law and is also serving as ombuds function for companies.
Catus is Dr. Stephanie Trossbach. She is a lawyer, Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional, Certified Fraud Examiner and certified privacy officer. She has years of experience in developing, successfully implementing and further refining compliance programs in companies.
Before founding Catus, Dr. Trossbach worked for a long period as a lawyer in a major law firm (Global Top 5) and for several years in a leading pharmaceutical company (DAX 30) in various compliance positions. She has worked both in Germany and abroad, including two years in the USA. She is, therefore, more than just an experienced legal advisor. She is also familiar with the particular challenges faced by compliance and legal departments. Her focus is on the healthcare and life science sectors.
Catus’ services include:
- Compliance “health checks” (overall analysis and evaluation of a compliance program)
- Advice on current legislative and regulatory projects: Law regarding Sanctions against Companies (VerSanG), Supply Chain Act (Lieferkettengesetz/Sorgafaltspflichtengesetz), EU Whistleblower Directive, etc.
- Consulting on the implementation of ESG topics (environment, social, governance) in the company’s compliance program
- Implementation of compliance risk analyses
- Development of a risk-adjusted overall compliance program, or individual measures
- Project management in compliance and data protection (also on site in the company)
- Evaluation of allegations (management of suspected incidents)
- Advice to companies on compliance, corporate criminal or data protection issues
- Advising pharmaceutical companies on interactions with healthcare professionals, healthcare organizations, and patient organizations
- Implementation of compliance and data protection training courses
- Appointment as Ombudsperson by companies
- External data protection officer